-

-

Monday, December 2, 2013

RRCA Coaching Certification - Chicago

November 16-17, my hubby and I traveled to Lake Zurich, Illinois.  Why, you may ask??  I had secured my spot earlier in the summer to get my Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) Coaching Certificate that weekend.  I believe that all 30-40 slots sold out in a matter of hours!  I'm glad that I was subscribed to their newsletter and able to act quickly. The event was slotted as the Chicago location.  Lake Zurich was the actual location and is far off the map, without much to do in the area.  The weather was cold, rainy and extremely windy for the weekend.  But, what a great time to spend indoors, learning about the sport that I love so much!

 

I really enjoyed spending time at the Lake Zurich Firehouse, learning about the physiology of the body, about different types of speed work, how to build training programs, and the business of coaching.  We had a two day curriculum - filled with nine hours both days.  Talk about exhausting .... and I thought running a marathon was exhausting!!  I realized how silly I have been with my own training - "just" going out and running.  I am really excited about focusing on speedwork and developing an intense training program in the spring for my next "A" race.  

 

At the end of the two days we even had the opportunity to get in small groups and develop training programs.  I was surrounded by so many knowledgeable coaches and runners that weekend.  Some had no coaching experience, but a lot of running experience and developing programs.  Some were high school coaches.  Some had experience at the collegiate level.  And some were just runners like me.

We were fed extremely well while we were there and all of our meals and snacks were included.  Participants were mainly from Illinois and the midwest; but we also had participants from Washington DC, Georgia and other parts of the country.

Now, I just need to finish the online 100 question, multiple choice exam online and get my CPR certification mid-December.  I can't wait to be an RRCA Certified Coach and apply all of this knowledge to my training and that of my clients.  2014 is going to be a great year for all of us!


1 comment:

  1. It was nice impression about the transactional analysis, management And growth and the a variety of personality states in coaching

    business coach certification

    ReplyDelete