-

-

Monday, October 20, 2014

Don't judge the miles

I always tell my clients never to judge a run by their first mile and to never reflect on a run based on their last mile. It's the miles in between that count!  On Saturday, hubby and I headed out for a long run (number of miles were up for debate).
 
 
 
 
 
 
We opted to turn around after our first mile and try again tomorrow. The wind was horrendous! In the opposite direction we felt more comfortable and just kept going and going ... and going! We ended up finishing 16 miles together. Then, I completed another 4 miles on my own. My last 20 miler for this training cycle is in the books and it is by FAR my fastest, long run EVER. I averaged a 9:51 pace and my last mile was 8:52. Cherish every mile and make them count!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment