-

-

Friday, February 20, 2015

Book #4 of 2015 - The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen

This non-reader actually enjoyed a nightly reading session in 2014.  After being challenged by my daughter to read a Fault in Our Stars with her, followed by a viewing of the movie, I became hooked.  I read seven books from July-December in 2014 and am looking forward to reading twelve books in 2015.  I'm enjoying sharing my daughter's passion and carving out a different kind of "me time" after my workouts are complete.  Running has relaxed me and is also helping me sleep better.



Book #4 completed in 2015:

A client recommended this book to me, and I am glad she did!  I immediately placed a hold at my local library and started the book.  This book was classified as a teen novel, but I loved it.  I also look forward to sharing it with Little Diva.  The book follows a high school track star, Jessica, after she loses her leg in a car accident.  She thinks that all of her joy in life - and joy of running are behind her.  However, Jessica's teammates and the support of a young girl, Rosa, show her that she can do anything that she dares to dream about.  Rosa is a classmate with CP that makes Jessica help herself and others see past handicaps and disabilities, and see the actual person.  You will follow Jessica through her journey of being fit for a prosthetic leg and rediscovering her joy of running.  Jessica also helps Rosa follow her own dreams and desires.  This book will make anyone realize that anything is possible if your heart is in the right place.

Do you have a favorite book that I should be added to my reading list for 2015?

1 comment:

  1. So getting this book!! I want to read it right away! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete